Wednesday 15 July 2009

Bring me sunshine

Isn't it funny how life turns out? For the record, I never imagined - not for a second - that I'd be married with two kids and living in Cheshire. But then, I never envisaged living in Dundee either. I suppose what I've done is just let life happen to me. I was never the kind of kid who thought about my wedding day or what I'd do later on. I simply just got on with living.

I did have plans for my 40s, but I've given up making plans. Obviously my life isn't meant to be like that, but the best thing about now, is that I'm starting to enjoy it for the first time. Having the second baby has meant that I have to go with the flow. And that attitude is starting to seep into other areas of my thinking so that I'm not able to push at life. I'm just doing my hardest to be the best I can be on the day. It's tiring making to do lists and forever never finishing them. The striving is very exhausting. I can't say for sure that I'm done with that way of thinking, but I'll try.

I've had alot of hardship and made a point of telling my friends about that. So now I'm always trying to be sure to tell everyone when I'm happy. And today I'm happy.

Yours
Lucy

No comments: