Wednesday 22 October 2008

We heart Tuna

When we moved into this house, I unpacked 19 tins of tuna. No kidding. All kinds, obviously all bought from different shops, in brine, in olive oil, in water - you name it, we had it.

We're now down to a fairly respectable 3 tins (in brine, thanks for asking).

Trouble is, I'm feeling a wee bit exposed here. It's my goto food, my fishy comfort blanket. Even if I'm OFF MY FOOD (very rare, very serious) I always eat tuna.

It does have to be tinned though. I've never eaten fresh tuna that really appealed (apart from sushi). It's a bit dry and a bit boring when cooked. Such is my deep love of the tinned stuff, those 19 tins actually felt acceptable.

As you've no doubt guessed, we do eat an enormous amount of tuna in this house. I can easily have it on toast in the breakfast (I can hear the 'yeuchs!' as I write this), in a wrap for lunch and if I'm very lucky, in a salad for tea. Well that was yesterday's menu, I needed cheering up. And we also own a commenserate amount mayo too, again in all varieties and including salad cream. They go together. I can't live without them.

I've decided not to worry about mercury poisoning. For a start, I don't want to deprive myself of this harmless addiction, secondly however remote the chance, I'll never get syphillus, and thirdly I'm going to leave my body to medical science.

They can check how much mercury I've got floating about, and if it's alot, maybe have some fun turning my arteries into thermometers. Well, it'll be nice to be useful in the latter days of global warming.

Mmm, I'm a bit peckish.
Lucy

PS: Apologies for the lack of links, I'm on a mobile modem and it's a bit slow.

1 comment:

EC said...

Feeling quite sick - can't even smell the stuff.
Flatmate makes Tuna pasta for lunch every day.
I can't wait to move!!

E x