Saturday 25 October 2008

Zen enlightenment and BT

Regular readers will remember my painful b/band and phone situation. (The toe is better now, thanks.)

Another episode unfolded yesterday and I supposedly am now 'back with BT'. The line was working fine, then they did whatever they do with it and - guess what? - it's got a fault on it.

I'd love to go with someone else but there was a fault before this one arrived, so we couldn't. QED.

I wonder when being 'back with BT' became a euphemism for 'ranting alot at call centres in India'. But after all the pain, angst and 4am worrying (I'm not sad, I have to have the net to work, it's that simple), I've reached a new state of zen-ness about it all.

I achieved this by:
- demanding to speak to someone in the UK who knew what they were talking about
- logging it as a fault and finding out how to complain to the right place
- going for a long, hard swim, splashing lots of OAPs who were trying to keep their perms dry.
- chanting over and over in my head 'it is fixed, it is fixed, it is fixed'.

I'm now in the zone; there's no point ranting anymore, that's not going to help me. I just have to endure the state of 'being back with BT-ness' and accept that that's pretty crap however you look at it.

Maybe one day I'll look back and laugh. I tried a bit of a wry smile just then. It felt okay.

Yours on the Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment,
Lucy
PS: As you've not doubt guessed, I'm still on a slow modem, so it's either links or pictures. And I'm NOT LINKING TO BLEEDING BT!

No comments: