Tuesday 18 November 2008

Cold tea

I've got the hump.

I went through to the kitchen just now and what did I find? Yet another cold cup of UNTOUCHED milky tea. Much as I love Dr G, his habit of leaving my loving crafted cups of tea about the place gives me the hump. I can't help it.

Everyday, another cup un-drunk. Everyday, another scummy mug left unloved and unwanted somewhere in the house. Now I live on tea, only buy the best (Yorkshire Gold), and know how to make a decent cuppa.

This may sound petty, but I once heard of a couple who got divorced after 20 years because the husband never once leant over in the car to unlock his partner's door (in the days before automatic unlocking). I'm starting to take this personally as you can tell. He claims it's not, but being married, you're allowed to take slights where you find them. It keeps life interesting.

Maybe I'll ask for a kimono for xmas and start learning the Japanese Tea Ceremony. No-one could possibly leave tea after all that effort. Could they?

Hmmm, think I'll pop the kettle on,

Lucy

1 comment:

Gbmdd5 said...

you are correct dearest

it is a careful planned campaign to slight your tea-making skills and thereby undermine your general confidence, rendering you pliant putty in my fiendish hands

or
i lay in bed too long this morning, with Siren Cat, and had to run out the door to take our beloved offspring to nursery and go to work to earn money to keep the roof over your head

whadda ya think is the more likely ?