Wednesday 19 November 2008

What a day

So far today has been crap. Here's what's up:

1) My car is broken. Smoke, grinding gears, odd noises - that's not good. The man with a van took it away. He's not the kind to suck his teeth and say 'it'll cost ya' but I could tell he was thinking it.

2) About an hour later I found a pile of cat sick in the kitchen. On the carpet, naturally. Why do it on the lino when you can make a stain somewhere?

3) We had a letter from the council telling us our Council Tax band has been "re-evaluated" and they're putting it up by two levels as of yesterday. Not one, but two.

This comes after a month full of bills, bills and more bills. Dr G reckons we should just pin money to ourselves and give it out to anyone who asks. I reckon a helicopter drop would be more effective and less painful.

I really need cheering up, preferably with some good news. Have you got any?
Lucy

4 comments:

Gbmdd5 said...

and you were worried about me not drinking your tea ?

The Millbrooker said...

If you do the pinning money to yourselves thing, can I be the first to ask for some please?

Daft On Kids said...

I have a crunch corner in the fridge, so I can have some cheeky creamy choclaty goodness but convince myself its healthy cause its yoghurt

drude said...

If your husband stopped wasting the posh cups of tea, paying the bills wouldn't be so much of an issue; the sick and car obviously wouldn't change though.