Wednesday 22 April 2009

Define 'Ready'...

It's interesting what different people consider ready to mean. A friend asked yesterday if I had everything sorted out for the baby. By this she meant hospital bag packed, car seat fitted, list of emails/phone numbers given to Gav, that kind of thing. Just in case anything happened before next Thursday, as you never know. Babies come when they want to etc etc.

I had to stop for a minute as I said 'yes, well, no but yes'. In my own way, I'm entering a state of readiness. By this I mean:
  • I've dyed my hair. Yet another ginger/strawberry blonde experience, I'll be glad when this 3-for-2 dye is finished.
  • I've been to the dentist and had my teeth polished. I'm sure the antenatal staff will be glad, nay, relieved to see that.
  • I've painted my toenails. No mean feat, have you any idea how hard it is to do any sensible grooming below the waist with a bump this big?
Naturally the baby's room is complete, the washing all done and so on. I just have to work out how the pram/car seat/buggy combo fits together, order a big bag of cat food, buy Gracie some clothes and that's pretty much it.

I just haven't packed the bag yet because in my own head, it's not happening till next Thursday. But I'm ready, as you can tell...

Lucy

No comments: