Thursday 16 April 2009

Return of the prodigal blogger

Instead of working on the assumption that one never explains and never apologises, I've been away so long that I'd better tell you that work ate my life for 3.5 months. Couple that with being pregnant, and the available brain space to do anything of note apart from sleeping, eating and looking after the family has been minimal.

BUT no longer, today I start my maternity leave, so apart from minor details like having a baby (due to be delivered by c-section on 30 April), I'm all yours for the summer. In the meantime, here's a few highlights of the last three months:
  1. I managed a huge product launch of 222 web pages in 6 languages that all went live in one go with no problems. Possibly the smoothest launch I've ever run, and def couldn't have done it without the fabulous Rhona Scott at our digital agency without whom etc etc.
  2. Sir (aka 'yourfathertheb*stard') had a handbag duel with the Daily(ish) Millbrooker over some point of honour that I don't really understand. Even I felt a twinge of embarrassment and he's been doing this kind of thing all my life. No wonder my little brother is running away to join the navy...
  3. I've had a surprisingly good pregnancy. Apart from the fact that sometimes I go to bed at the same time as Missy, and I keep getting told that the baby isn't as big as it's supposed to be, I've mostly been fine.
REALLY looking forward to tomorrow, the start of what's being called 'my confinement' when I plan to sit on my ever-expanding bum eating biscuits and watching old films on the telly until the big day. I may even attempt to bake some of my favourite biscuits, viennese fingers, depending on how the nesting urge takes me...

So expect some film reviews over the next couple of weeks along with maybe some pictures of misshapen biscuits. I bet you're all giddy with excitement now, aren't you?
Lucy

No comments: