Thursday 23 April 2009

Film Review: 'In the F*cking Loop'

Having managed to make it out together, without Madam in tow yesterday, our last day on our own for who knows how long, we went to the pictures to see 'In the Loop'.

I say we were on our own, but while 2 people went out, there were really 3 of us there. Which means junior has had his first education in gratuitous swearing by someone other than his mother and he's not even out yet. Truth told, I really only went to see how sweary Malcolm Tucker would be allowed to be on the big screen.

Already fans of 'The Thick of It' as I'm sure anyone with a passing interest in politics is too, 'In the Loop' was as fab as I'd hoped. Thankfully un-hyped, to the point where we had to search for a cinema showing it, you have to go. If it's not on your must-see list, put it firmly at the top, it's worth the effort.

I don't want to spoil it too much. There are too many good jokes to mention and as with all of these things, it's great writing and great casting that makes it. For the uniniated, take a look at Tucker's Law to get you in the mood. As someone who until she had a kid listed 'swearing' as one of her hobbies on her web profile, you can see why I'm squarely in the target market. Luckily all the laughing didn't induce labour but my sides really hurt this morning and you don't get a a better review than that.

Now repeat after me: come the f*ck in, or f*ck the f*ck off...
Lucy

No comments: