Wednesday 6 May 2009

Forgive my tardiness, it's been a busy time

Once again, here I am, apologising for lack of posting. But I'm sure this time you'll understand when the reason is having a baby.

Suffice to say, the op went well, the surgeon was great (all the midwives keep saying 'very neat scar' which I hope is true), and the medical staff at Macclesfield Maternity Unit were/are fab.

At risk of sounding like I'm at an award ceremony, I'd like to thank everyone for the cards, presents, flowers, emails, comments and blog postings. We're all doing just fine but our state of wellness is def helped by the fact that bouquets of flowers keep arriving along with parcels, cards etc etc.

I didn't forget you while this was going on, and will write more about the joys of pain relief later, I just wanted to share one thing. Amongst the many 'moments' over the last week, one stands out, which was when I realised that there was nothing better I could be doing other than looking after my new son.

Yes, I know women across time have all felt this, but I haven't. It's rare for me not to be considering what else I should be doing, how many other tasks I could and should be cramming into my day.

But not right now. Right now, I'm doing the best, only and single most important activity there is. I believe it's called 'living in the moment'. And you know what, it feels great.

Lucy

1 comment:

Mar Warrender said...

He is gorgeous - the entire family looks content and sorted. Maybe there's something to that living in the moment malarky.
xm