Wednesday 20 August 2008

Busy week

It's a busy week here at Balmoral Towers: this week we migrated the ecommerce server at work to a new platform.

For those of you who don't work on the web, that'll be a random selection of odd words that mean nothing. For those that do, you'll appreciate how big a job that can be. And the fact that we're left with very few problems is a huge relief to all concerned, mostly me.

However, it's left me exhausted, what with that, the move and the usual stuff of life. I plan to hit the new, gorgeous pool today if possible. And after yesterday's sausage and mash extravaganza, I have enough mash to make Nigella's cottage pie. It's all austerity Britain here now we have an enormous mortgage, make do and mend etc.

Dr G isn't keen on my idea to turn the front garden into an allotment, but as we need to save money, I can't see why I've got to mow something that's not earning it's keep. I hate mowing anyway, it's like hoovering the lawn. And with the possibility of home-grown veg being right outside the front door, I can't see why not.

This is credit crunch Britain. Flowers and lawn are all very well in the NICE years but we need to make money and I don't intend to spend what little we have on veg if I can grow it myself.

So before I lead you all in a sing song, just remember:
Keep Calm and Carry On.

Lucy

1 comment:

Mar Warrender said...

Dearest Lucy,

A veg garden next to the drive might not seem such a clever ideae once the food hits the pot, let alone the the dinner table. Be sure to plant a barrier of some sort in order to ensure the least possible contamination, there may be some indigenous plants that are better suited to that than others.

Yours,
The distant gardening supervisor.