Thursday 21 August 2008

Dowsing for my yoga mat


Those of you who know me, know that I dowse. I don't think anything of it really, it's something that apparently everyone can do, it's just a question of how you do it.

Personally I use jewellery, usually the diamond necklace known at my 'baby bling', because the wonderful Dr gave it to me after the birth of Missy. It's a deeply personal piece, and as I wear it alot I assume it's embued with the essence of moi, which can only help.

Now, somewhere deep in the box mountain is my yoga mat. And I need it because I'm going to my first yoga class in years tomorrow morning at the fancy new gym. I've opened most boxes but nothing yet, so I plan to dowse for it and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Naturally there's a story or two about dowsing. Sir dowses, in fact he taught me. And a while ago we visited the Cheese Ring and dowsed for ley lines using rods. It was my first time with rods but they're quite fun, the reaction is stronger than the necklace, as they cross rather dramatically when you find what you're looking for.

We had a map of the ley lines there and were happily pottering about charting their position and exclaiming.

All of this went on with heckling from Dr G, who was lying in a ditch with a hangover shouting
'Burn them, they're witches!'.

To which Sir replied rather dryly, 'Wizard, actually'.
It didn't shut him up, but I laughed alot.

I'll let you know if I find the mat. Keep your fingers crossed.

Lucy

No comments: