Tuesday 19 August 2008

First past the post!

As everyone knows, I have a fear of 'first posts'. There's just so much pressure to be witty and incisive. So I'm just going to go for it, spelling mistakes and all.

We hit Holmes Chapel two weeks ago today, and I'm really enjoying it here. The Scottish estate is a lovely place to live, and everyone seems to be very friendly so far. We are about 60% unpacked and when the additional stuff goes up into the loft, we'll be even closer. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like it.

Leaving Dundee was so hard, I hadn't thought past it. But now we're here and I intend to be as happy as possible. (Oh I think I've just made a commitment to happiness, the old me would be hiding under the desk waiting for the sky to fall on her head!)

I thought I'd introduce the main protagonists. I've decided to do this under a pen name (mostly cos I can't spell). And my family and friends who live here and will visit have pen names too:
- I'm Lucy Lowe, this is my p*o*r*n star name. My first pet was called 'Lucy' and the maiden name of my Grandmother is 'Lowe'.
- my husband is The Good Dr, Dr G, or if he's annoyed me, him indoors
- my daughter is missy.
- the cats are t-dahl and sag aloo (they have indian names anyway).

The rest I shall name as they present themselves.

Why am I doing it this way? Well much as I understand that the web is personal, I've also seen lots of people get burnt by it. And I intend to have a long and fruitful blogging relationship with you all.

I can't promise the spelling will be any good, and I can't always promise sparkling wit or wisdom. But I can promise weekly postings and I hope to make it as successful as this blog by a good friend of my dad's (who shall be called Sir) - the daily millbrooker.

Yours having broken her duck,
Lucyxx

1 comment:

The Millbrooker said...

Thanks for the link; I'm putting alink to you in my links column - I'm looking forward to keeping up with the news!