Thursday 18 September 2008

What goes on tour, stays on tour

Sir has been bugging me to post an update to the hen weekend.

Well I *could* tell you about the persian guys who did magic tricks, or how I got given a nudey lighter, or why we were up till 3am on Friday night. I could also tell you Kath's story about being in Belgium and not realising. Or why Sa was glaring at me in the Salsa Club.

But what goes on tour, stays on tour.

Yours

Lucy 'the very soul of discretion' Lowe

PS: I WILL tell you that having kids is lots of fun as you get to mess with their heads. We told Madam that a 'hen weekend' is like the film 'Chicken Run' - lots of cartoon chickens, sitting on eggs, knitting and flirting with a cockerel who sounds uncannily like Mel Gibson. That's what really happened, honest.

1 comment:

The Millbrooker said...

I think it was Tom Hanks who paraphrased Larkin rather nicely when he said "...of course my parents screwed me up, just like I'm screwing up my kids...". Larkin's complete (and somewhat darker) thoughts on the subject can be found at http://www.artofeurope.com/larkin/lar2.htm