Tuesday 30 September 2008

Sadly back from Dundee

Back home from a few days in Scotland and we're both sighing mightily. Leaving the place that's home was particularly hard, but going back this soon is like picking at a scab. And I'm not five anymore, I'm past the picking at scabs phase.

As the train came over the Tay rail bridge (famous for falling over, but that's another story) tears welled up in my eyes. There's something magical about that view, and living near the sea was such a godsend. I also had a cry about the fact that the night sky over Birkhill was glorious on Sat night. Seems I'm getting sentimental in my old age.

The highspots were:

- Eating with EC in my fav Thai restaurant then going to the pictures like we used to.

- Missy being so happy to be with her old friends. Her birthday party was lovely.

- Finding a fab chipper in Arbroath that has an "all you can eat" buffet for £5.99! If we'd found that before we moved we'd really never have left.

- Seeing everyone again, and being reminded of how hard it is to leave them.

Gotta go find another tissue.

Lucy

1 comment:

EC said...

I figured since you have introduced me as EC I'd better change my blogger identity to match!